Expert Home Painting Services in Boise
Welcome to Hillside Handyman, Boise’s trusted source for unparalleled painting services that elevate the aesthetic appeal of your residential or commercial property.
At Hillside Handyman, we take pride in our comprehensive range of interior and exterior coating solutions, combining expert craftsmanship with top-notch materials to bring your vision to life!
Interior Painting Excellence
Your home or office is a canvas waiting to be adorned with your unique style, and we’re ready to turn your vision into a reality.
Whether it’s a single room refresh or a complete interior makeover, Hillside Handyman is eager to tackle projects of any size.
GET YOUR FREE ESTIMATE
Discover Our Interior Painting Services
- Color Consultation: Unsure about the perfect color palette for your space? Hillside Handyman provides personalized color consultations to guide you in choosing hues that reflect your style and enhance the ambiance.
- Bathroom Painting: We specialize in small projects like bathrooms!
- Wall Painting: With attention to detail, our painters ensure smooth and even application, achieving flawless walls that match your aesthetic preferences.
- Trim and Molding: Elevate the finer details of your interior with precisely painted trim and molding, adding a touch of sophistication to your space.
- Cabinet Painting: Revitalize your kitchen or bathroom by giving your cabinets a fresh coat of paint. Hillside Handyman’s cabinet restoration services breathe new life into your existing cabinetry.
Exterior Painting and Lasting Impressions
Your property’s exterior is the first impression visitors receive.
Hillside Handyman’s professional exterior coating services focus on durable and weather-resistant coatings that not only enhance curb appeal but also protect your property from the elements.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Get Your FREE Estimate
(Click to Call)
Explore Our Exterior Painting Services
- Surface Preparation: Before applying paint, we meticulously prepare exterior surfaces, addressing issues such as peeling paint, cracks, and mildew.
- Siding Painting: Whether your home features vinyl, wood, or stucco siding, our skilled painters apply high-quality coatings to protect and beautify your exterior.
- Deck and Fence Protection: Extend the lifespan of your outdoor structures with our deck and fence painting services, using weather-resistant paints to shield against UV rays, moisture, and everyday wear and tear.
- Door and Window Trim: Attention to detail is paramount. Hillside Handyman’s painters meticulously address door and window trim, enhancing the overall appearance of your property.
Why Choose Hillside Handyman for Your Painting Project?
- Expert Craftsmanship: Our team of experienced painters at Hillside Handyman brings a wealth of knowledge and skill to every project, ensuring a high standard of craftsmanship.
- Quality Materials: We prioritize the use of premium paints and coatings for lasting results. Hillside Handyman’s commitment to quality materials ensures vibrant colors and durability.
- Personalized Service: Recognizing the uniqueness of each project, our personalized service at Hillside Handyman means we tailor our approach to meet your specific needs, preferences, and budget.
- Timely Completion: We value your time. Hillside Handyman’s efficient team works diligently to complete projects within agreed timelines, minimizing disruptions to your routine.
Your Vision, Our Expertise
At Hillside Handyman, we believe that every stroke of the brush is an opportunity to transform your space into something extraordinary. Whether you’re envisioning a cozy, inviting interior or a vibrant, welcoming exterior, our attention to detail is the key to making your dreams a reality.
Ready to add a splash of color to your world? Contact Hillside Handyman for professional, friendly, honest & reliable services that redefine the beauty of your residential or commercial property. Your vision, our expertise – let’s paint a masterpiece together!
Painting Service FAQs
Do you clean up after painting projects?
Yes, Hillside Handyman is expected to clean up after your project as part of our painting service. This includes removing any paint splatters or drips from surfaces, tidying up work areas, and properly disposing of any used materials or debris.
We will leave your space in the same condition, if not better, than they found it, ensuring that you can enjoy the newly painted surfaces without the hassle of cleaning up afterwards. It’s always a good idea to confirm beforehand about the specific process and any specific expectations you may have regarding cleanliness after the job is complete.
What should you not do after a painting job?
After a paint job, it’s important to avoid certain activities to ensure the best possible results and longevity of the paint finish. Here are some things you should not do after a paint job:
1. Touching or Resting Objects on Freshly Painted Surfaces: Avoid touching or placing objects on freshly painted surfaces, as the paint may still be tacky and easily damaged. Wait until the paint has fully cured before placing any items on painted surfaces to prevent smudges, marks, or damage.
2. Cleaning or Washing Painted Surfaces Too Soon: Refrain from cleaning or washing newly painted surfaces too soon after the paint job. Give the paint ample time to cure and harden before attempting to clean it, as premature cleaning can damage the finish and affect the paint’s durability.
3. Closing Windows and Doors Before Paint is Fully Dry: If you’ve had windows or doors painted, avoid closing them until the paint is completely dry. Closing windows or doors too soon can cause the paint to stick to the adjacent surfaces, resulting in unsightly marks or damage when they are opened again.
4. Applying Tape or Adhesive to Freshly Painted Surfaces: Avoid applying tape, adhesive, or other materials to freshly painted surfaces, as they may pull off the paint when removed. If you need to mask off areas for touch-ups or other purposes, wait until the paint has fully cured before applying tape or other masking materials.
5. Exposing Newly Painted Surfaces to Excessive Moisture or Humidity: Limit exposure to moisture or humidity, as it can interfere with the drying process and affect the quality of the paint finish. Avoid activities such as showering or cooking with excessive steam in rooms with freshly painted walls until the paint has fully cured.
By avoiding these actions after a paint job, you can help ensure the best possible results and prolong the lifespan of your paint finish.
Do I need to be home during the painting project?
Whether you need to be home during a painting project depends on your preferences and the contractor’s policies. Many homeowners prefer to be present to oversee the work, address concerns, and ensure the project meets their expectations.
However, it’s not always necessary to be home during the entire project, especially if you trust us and have communicated your expectations clearly. Ultimately, the decision to be home during the painting project is yours, and you should choose the option that makes you feel most comfortable.
Do you clean the walls before painting?
Yes, we typically clean walls before painting to ensure the best adhesion and finish for the new paint. Cleaning walls helps remove dust, dirt, grease, and other contaminants that can interfere with paint adhesion and result in an uneven or poor-quality finish.
Common methods of cleaning walls before painting include dusting or vacuuming to remove loose debris, wiping down walls with a mild detergent solution to remove dirt and grease, and rinsing with clean water to remove any residue. Additionally, we may also perform any necessary repairs or patching to address any imperfections in the wall surface before applying paint.
By thoroughly cleaning walls before painting, Hillside Handyman can help ensure a smooth, long-lasting finish that enhances the appearance of your space.
What is the best thing to wash walls with?
The best thing to wash walls with before painting is a mild detergent solution. You can mix a small amount of mild dish soap or a gentle household cleaner with warm water to create a cleaning solution. Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaners, as they may damage the paint or wall surface.
Additionally, be sure to test the cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the wall first to ensure it doesn’t cause any adverse effects. When washing walls, use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the surface, working from top to bottom to avoid streaks.
Rinse the walls with clean water afterward to remove any residue, and allow them to dry completely before painting. This ensures a clean, smooth surface for optimal paint adhesion and a professional-looking finish.
How many coats of paint do you use?
The number of coats of paint used depends on factors like surface condition, paint type, and desired finish. Typically, two coats are recommended for full coverage and durability. However, heavily stained surfaces or low-pigment paints may require additional coats. It’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal results.
Can you paint baseboards and trimwork?
Yes, baseboards can be painted to refresh their appearance or coordinate with a new color scheme in a room. Painting baseboards can help enhance the overall look of a space and create a cohesive finish.
Before painting baseboards, it’s essential to properly prepare the surface by cleaning them thoroughly and repairing any imperfections, such as cracks or dents.
Additionally, taping off adjacent surfaces and protecting flooring with drop cloths can help prevent accidental paint spills or splatters. Using a high-quality paint and brush or roller designed for trim work can ensure smooth, even coverage and a professional-looking finish.
Overall, painting baseboards is a straightforward way to update and improve the appearance of a room.
How long does it take to paint a room?
The time it takes to paint a room can vary depending on factors such as the size of the room and the complexity of the project. In general, painting a standard-sized room with walls only may take up to a full day to complete. Factors that can affect the duration of the project include:
1. Preparation: Preparing the room for painting, including moving furniture, protecting flooring and fixtures, and repairing any imperfections on the walls, can take some time but is essential for achieving a professional-looking finish.
2. Priming: If the walls require priming before painting, this will add extra time to the project. Primer helps the paint adhere better and can improve coverage, especially if painting over a dark or uneven surface.
3. Number of Coats: Applying multiple coats of paint, typically at least two for full coverage, will extend the painting time. Each coat needs to dry completely before the next one can be applied.
4. Drying Time: Waiting for paint to dry between coats is necessary to avoid streaks or smudges. Depending on the type of paint used and environmental conditions like temperature and humidity, drying time can range from a few hours to overnight.
5. Cleanup: Cleaning up brushes, rollers, and other painting equipment, as well as removing protective coverings and putting furniture back in place, also adds to the overall time of the project.
For a more accurate estimate of how long it will take to paint a specific room, we can assess the project’s requirements and provide a timeline based on their experience and expertise.
How often should I repaint my home's exterior?
The frequency of repainting a house exterior varies depending on factors like climate, siding material, and the quality of previous paint jobs. Generally, most homes benefit from a new paint job every 5 to 10 years.
However, homes in areas with extreme weather conditions may require more frequent repainting to withstand the elements. Additionally, different siding materials have varying durability, with wood siding typically needing repainting more often than vinyl or fiber cement siding.
The quality of the previous paint job also plays a significant role, as a well-done paint job can last longer than a subpar one. Regular maintenance and monitoring for signs of wear, such as peeling, cracking, or fading, can help determine when it’s time to repaint and protect your home’s exterior.
Can I just paint over old paint?
Yes, in many cases, you can paint over old paint without completely stripping it off. However, there are a few important considerations to keep in mind.
Proper surface preparation is crucial, including cleaning the surface to remove dirt, dust, and grease, as well as repairing any imperfections such as cracks or peeling paint. The new paint needs to adhere properly to the old paint to ensure a long-lasting finish.
If the old paint is in good condition and adhering well to the surface, you can typically paint over it without issue. However, if the old paint is flaking, peeling, or otherwise compromised, it’s essential to address these issues before painting. Additionally, ensure that the new paint you’re using is compatible with the old paint, and consider priming the surface before painting for a smoother, more uniform finish.
Overall, while painting over old paint can be a time-saving option, it’s essential to assess the condition of the existing paint and take the necessary steps to ensure proper adhesion and a quality finish.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Get Your FREE Estimate
(Click to Call)